Wednesday 19 September 2012

Things That Have Happened to Me Today

A Report in Bullet-Points


  • I had an open class during second period and no one showed up (except for the kids, obviously).
  • I received my second box of fancy ddok this week (must be wedding season) (also fancy stuffed ddok is delicious what up haters)
  • Had "English club" at lunch where a gaggle of first graders came in and played Uno, maybe. Mostly they just yelled a whole lot. Maybe I have tinnitus now??
  • Had one of my favourite students hug his friend and inform me that they are "gay couple" which, hey, good for you kids.
  • Exchanged cat photos with a science teacher who, I found out, owns fifteen em effin cats. They're all adorable.
  • Had a handsome PE teacher flirt with me a bit. I'm really hoping it was just harmless banter.
What a good day! I was a little sceptical of this place at first, but I've really warmed up to it. My only complaint is that the head of the English department insists that I sit in with all the teachers during the staff meeting. I appreciate the thought but it's always kind of awkward. I mean, do I feign interest in what the VP is saying? Unless he spontaneously starts counting or talking about food, I can't really understand what he's saying and everyone in that room knows it.

Oh well, it's a minor thing. 

CURRENT PERSON STATUS
DEAD INSIDE: Maybe
MADE ANY DUMB JOKES LATELY?: No, but I did begin my introductory article in the English newspaper with "Greetings and salutations dear readers!" which is pretty dumb.
CONSUMING: Season 1 of House, MD
CREATING: A tasty golden curry for dinner tonight.
WHEN IS TRANSCENDENTAL YOUTH COMING OUT ALREADY: a little over a week away I'm so excited!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment